Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Not so Gentle Reminder

While driving yesterday morning, my daughter and I were engaged in conversation; as she’s three years old, most of my mind was focused on things other than our discussion. Chloe asked to hear the “Hoo Hoo Song.” For those of you who don’t speak Toddler, she wanted Sugarland’s All I Wanna Do.  I reminded her that the CD was in the car and we were in the truck; to myself, I made a note to rip and sync the song to my phone’s playlist for future access. Trying to mitigate her disappointment, I turned the radio on. You can guess what was coming over the airwaves less than thirty seconds later! I know millions of people experience the same thing daily, but this particular instance was used by God to rebuke my heart.

A passage in Luke 12 immediately came to mind. Jesus is speaking to His disciples and refers to ravens which are fed by God; He continues on to speak of the lilies in the field. Not even Solomon – the wisest king of Israel – was dressed or provided for as they. Christ goes on to pronounce his listeners as those of little faith (Luke 12:22-28, NAS). I was further reminded of Christ’s words regarding a father’s love in Matthew 7.

I don’t know where this road my family’s on will end, but this one thing I know. The same God who proved Himself Jehovah-Rapha to my family just a few years ago is the same God who showed Himself to be Jehovah Jireh to Abraham on a mountain in Moriah and to me over the last few months. I look forward to seeing His provision in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment